Picture

Picture

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Videos and other useful Web 2.0 tools

Videos and other useful Web 2.0 tools
Class 7
In this class we talked about the uses of videos and other technological tools we can incorporate in our teaching. The main topic in this class was Windows Movie Maker. We learned how to make a video by using this software.  To do that, the teacher guided us to make a short video with three pictures, special effects, credits and music. When we finished the video, we learned how to save it as a project and then as a movie.
As homework, we had to make our own video and upload it to You Tube. To do that, we had to download a video converter, since Windows Movie Maker format does not fix You Tube features. So, in my case, I used a software called A Tube Catcher 2.0.
To do my video, I interviewed some of my students and I included some of these interviews, special effect, pictures, music, credits to the video as it was requested by the teacher. I really liked this experience, so I decided to incorporate it to my teaching immediately. I asked my students to create their own videos; here you have a link to watch two of them. I hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment